Window Treatment Ideas

What are your favorite window treatment options for walls with multiple windows?

Curtains?
Roman shades?
Blinds?

Do you have any sources you always start with when looking for window treatments? Any brands you definitely steer clear of?

2 Likes

Personally, I find myself always reaching for curtains, especially when there are a lot of windows in one room!
It adds so much drama and keeps the eye moving around the room. I also really just love the act of closing the curtains and switching on the lamps at night and making the room feel even cozier.
ALSO my very favorite source for curtains (though they’re on the pricier side :sweat_smile:) is Anthro
I just think their patterns and colors are so pretty and timeless! IMO investing in good window treatments is similar to investing in good art. It makes such a difference!

When it comes to window treatments, my best advice is to choose a style that matches the style of your house. My preference is always for drapes or curtains. Curtains can work in most style of homes from traditional to modern depending on your fabric choice.

If the windows are close enough together, you can put a single curtain rod across all windows and hang drapes on either end or between the windows. (Pro tip: Curtains should always touch / hug the floor!)

If your windows are far enough apart, you could get away with individual rods and curtains.

BUT if multiple curtain rods would look cluttered or you don’t want to go with curtains, consider a roman shade or cellular blinds.

Curtains are not always practical in every room and when this happens, I opt for for cordless cellular honeycomb shades instead. I have used these from the Shade Store and these from Select Blinds.

Honeycomb shades are not exactly a design statement, but they do the trick. I prefer the look of them over roller shades or wood blinds. I typically choose a neutral color that matches the window trim or blends with the color of the wall. I splurge for the ones that can roll up from the bottom or down from the top to give privacy and let light through at the same time. Like this:

1 Like