Lighting over kitchen sink with window

Hi friends!
Our kitchen is completely ripped out and I have a decision to make ASAP!
There’s a 16" space between the window above the sink and the ceiling and because the wall is currently open to the studs, I have the option to choose whether I want to add a pendant or a sconce and I am so torn. What would you do? Any kitchen sconces or pendant lights that you’re loving right now?
This is the only light in the kitchen for now besides recessed lights so I definitely want to add some character here!

here’s the elevation for that wall, help!!

Can we see the mood board/materials you are using? I think a pendant would be better for task lighting

@kateseymour oh good point on the task lighting above the sink!
here’s my very rough mood board for the kitchen! we’ve already ordered the semihandmade cabinet fronts and I’m working on sourcing the backsplash tile, otherwise I’m very early in the design process so don’t have much else just yet!

Nice, I think a rattan/natural or ceramic/clay ribbed pendant would look cute.

Hi Molly! :blush:

I’m honestly more inclined toward a sconce. I’ve attached some examples of some kitchen projects we’ve made at the company where I work.

Given that you have a window, I think a sconce that can be directed as needed would be better than a pendant, which might interfere with the view. Additionally, depending on your height, a pendant might not be very ergonomic when using the sink.

Schoolhouse offers plenty of options with several colors to choose from.

I hope this is helpful!

Let me know what you think!

Doh. My brain went ceiling when considering sconce, but the above window ones would work great for sure.