Bathroom tile advice to match a desert vibe granite

Hi! I am designing my whole bathroom around vintage MCM dressers that I’m turning into matching his/hers vanities. We just picked out our stone - a desert beach granite. It really lives up to it’s namesake and has a lot going on… generally creams, purples, and some oranges:

In general, our whole house is a mix of MCM and bohemian moroccan vibes. I am now looking for advice on floor and shower tile colors / materials that will pull the space together. I’m leaning towards a deep purple / brown for the walls to pull out the purple in the granite. Would you go dark with the floors? Light with the shower tile? Reverse? Should I lean into the desert vibes and go with a creamy zellige tile? Or something more modern to pull in the mcm?

Here is the mood board and here is the elevation for the vanity area. The shower will be it’s own alcove separate from the vanity area on the other side of the room.

1 Like

I love the veining on this slab! That’s going to be gorgeous. My mind immediately gravitated towards deep purple walls to pull out the browny/purple tones from the granite. How big is the bathroom space? I could see you leaning into darker shower tiles to make it a really moody/luxurious feel and lean into the modern. You could balance it out with lighter floors, but it doesn’t need to necessarily be as light as cream — it could also be a lighter shade of gray. Check out this bathroom that Kelly from Studio DIY designed, it might be good inspo!

1 Like

My instinct is always to lean into the dark, though that is a personal preference in general. I do like the creamier tile in the mood board vs the brighter white for sure. Are you tiling the shower floor and walls the same or different?

2 Likes

Thanks! These are just the words of encouragement I need to lean into the dark and moody.

Kate, I was planning to tile the shower flow to match the rest of the bathroom (just a small square or penny) and the walls of the shower separate.