Laptop Recommendations

Hi All!

My MacBook Pro of 6 years has officially died and I am in the market for a new laptop. I was wondering if folks had any opinions on PCs they are using for renderings, photoshop, and other software. How portable it is and if anyone is using surface or touch screen and if they like that in the field. I’ve had Macs for 10+ years but I’m not married to them and open to trying something new that can also support my design practice.

Hey @deandracadet!

I used to have a MacBook for years, but when I started my current job as a render manager, I switched to an ASUS TUF Gaming F15. Yep, it’s a gaming laptop, but it’s been amazing for running Photoshop, 3Ds MAX, and Winner, which I use for kitchen design.

I’ve had it for the last three years and I love it. It’s super fast and great for multitasking.

Thanks! I considered the gaming laptops but they were so heavy and I wasn’t sure if I would need it on my own. From what I read if it’s not a gaming laptop you’re not goinf to get a good enough graphics card.

I ended up getting a Lenovo yoga i9. So far it’s been really good with Autocad and not slow at all. Will be using it more with sketch up and Adobe illustrator in the next couple months so we will see how it goes!

1 Like