Guidelines/FAQ đź“‹

Every house has rules; below are ours! :house:

Our community forum is a welcoming, safe space for fostering meaningful connections and conversations. In order to keep it that way, we ask that all our members abide by our guidelines. We created these guidelines to ensure that every member has a positive experience with us and that our conversations are led with authenticity first. We hope this virtual space brings you joy and inspiration while serving as a resource for all your design needs.

:star: Community Guidelines

BE HUMAN
Particularly, a nice human! Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park (or your favorite design museum). We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge, and interests through ongoing conversation. Champion each other’s unique ideas and lead with authenticity. Be yourself and keep things friendly.

ACT CREATIVELY
This site is operated by your friendly local staff and you, the community. Do your thing! Let your ideas run wild! Feel empowered to be your best creative self and fuel that energy into your work and the discussions you have here.

EMBRACE BEAUTY
Design is subjective, but we can all agree that design is beautiful. What might specifically be beautiful to you, though, might not be beautiful to another person. Embrace the beauty of design and all its forms. Don’t let differences get in the way of an engaging conversation. It’s okay if you disagree with a post or design style, but remember to criticize ideas, not people. Instead, provide a thoughtful POV to improve the conversation and keep it moving.

COLLABORATION IS KEY
This is true in both our community forum and our approach to design in general. We’re breaking down walls to make design more accessible by creating a safe space to hold design conversations. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be (and avoiding those that do not). You can use Discourse tools like bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, watching, muting, and so forth to identify the best (and worst) contributions. Use these tools to improve your own experience and everyone else’s, too.

:star: FAQS :thinking:

Where do I go if I need support using Spoak?
Please email zoe@spoak.com for specific support questions or check out out Help Hub website.

What’s the best way to add to a conversation and improve discussion?

Your opinion matters! Help us make this a great place for discussion by always adding something positive to the discussion, even if it’s small. If you’re not sure your post adds to the conversation, think it over and try again later. While there’s no such thing as a “wrong” response, we want to make sure responses are adding something valuable to the conversation.

One way to improve the discussion is by discovering the ones that are already happening. Spend time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll likely have a better chance of finding what you’re looking for and connecting with others.

How do I know I’m posting my question in the right place?

Simple! By reading the category definitions pinned to their designated page. Doing this allows us to spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. Below are some best practices to follow:

• Don’t cross-post the same thing on multiple topics.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream, stay on track.
  • Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed,” use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

I have an idea to improve the community forum! Where do I go?

We’d love to hear it! Feel free to ping @mollylennan directly.