Design Careers: Getting Started ⚡

Expert tips on interior design as a career, money, navigating clients, and how to become an interior designer.

Topics that fit into this category might include (but are not limited to):

• How to create a pricing model for your business
  • Where to begin if you want to transition into an interior design career
  • Specific client dilemmas

To create a post in this category, click “+ New Topic” in the side nav or within the category itself.

Remember to read through our Community Guidelines before posting, and don’t forget to have fun! :heart_hands:

Charging Clients: Beyond The Fees
Hello, this is an article about how I, a new remote designer, have all of the questions :slight_smile:

What is the best way to charge a client for space planning, designing, and product selection? Segmented payments by benchmark?
What benchmarks?
If I have a trade discount, am I supposed to pass it along to the client or charge them the regular price and keep the difference?
Do you charge differently if you are remote vs local?
How much do you think I need to pad into my quote to get a photographer to shoot the space after it is done?

I have an urgent need for a good contract template. Can anyone advise? Thank you!

Hi @kateseymour — awesome questions! I sent you a DM about why others might of missed this, but your posts are in the right place now so some answers should trickle in soon! :slight_smile: