Introductions 👋

Anwen! So good to see you here and I love that your dad gifted you premium :heart: I’m excited to see where your design journey takes you. Also might need to snag that dog hoodie on your Etsy page!

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out! :slight_smile:

Daniela, You had me at Basset Hound! - I too have a Basset and he is my partner in crime, Goliath.

My name is Amber, I am based in #Dallas TX. I have almost 10 years in the Kitchen/Bath products industry, most recently a National Sales Manager and Product Portfolio Manager for Dornbracht ($$$ German Plumbing brand).

I decided to leave the rat race and jump into my own design consulting biz. My husband and I own a renovation and construction company, and have successfully flipped our newest Airbnb last year. I will be focusing my consulting work on the lake community the house is located, Possum Kingdom Lake (yes the Toadies one!). #behindtheboathouse
N Bar Inn - Airbnb

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Hethre (yes pronounced Heather) :slight_smile: I went to school for interior design almost 20 years ago at Auburn University and have since gone into the sales side of the business working for a large commercial furniture manufacturer, Steelcase for the past 7 years.

I still love to do design projects on the side and just happend upon Spoak and love it; I cannot wait to get started. I am based in Tampa, FL and have lived her for almost 20 years. My style is warm, inviting, homey with a modern twist. I love neutrals as bases with pops of color. Most of all I love all things design and cannot wait to meet some like minded individuals and hopefully help some people along the way while building a side hustle doing what I love!

2 Likes

Amber! Oh my goodness, I’m obsessed with the name Goliath. I was going to ask for a photo but I spoke too soon because I saw the Goliath cameos on your Airbnb listing. WHAT A CUTIE. Here’s a photo of my Lady girl:

Loving the Airbnb design also. Do you have an Instagram? Would love to follow along your design biz endeavor! xx

1 Like

Hi Hethre!! So cool that you work for Steelcase. I would order from them a ton at my last job :slight_smile: I’m also a fellow Floridian — I went to school in Orlando and have lived all over the state, ironically not in Tampa somehow haha.

Thanks for introducing yourself in our forum. I’m excited to get to know you more and have you in our community! x

1 Like

Oh that is amazing! Yes, looking forward to being a part of community as well :slight_smile:

Hi all,
My name is Kathryn and I’ve been using Spoak since 2020! I haven’t been able to focus on this hobby lately though - I changed careers, finished my MBA, and got married in the last two years so I’ve been busy! But now I have free time and I’m back :slight_smile: hehe
I live in Chicago and work in tech sales, and my husband and I have been slowly renovating our vintage condo since 2021! My style is a mix of midcentury modern and I’ll say “luxe” design. I love Pilates (and generally going to workout classes) reading, and finding new music!
I’m so excited to be here and lean into this community! If anyone is in Chicago, let me know- I’d love to do a meetup!

1 Like

Hi Kathryn! It’s so good to see your name pop up in here. We’ve missed you! :heart:

1 Like

Hey @mollylennan … do you guys offer any support on the weekends? I’m trialling spoak pro for my professional business and my client is unable to view any of the budget. When I looks at FAQs it says its impossible to hude the budget, yet somehow we’ve managed it inadvertently!

Hello, Spoak! I’m a new member as of about a week and a half ago. I stumbled upon this program while looking for something that is easy to work with and so that I can give myself, and my client, a visual of what the new spaces are going to look like. I actually work full-time for a luxury car brand engine manufacturing business in Indiana. I am married and have 1 son who’s 20 and an almost 3 yr old Belgian Malinois (Malibu) that keeps me on my toes. I have always loved decorating and I help my husband’s clients (remodel business that he owns) design their bathroom, kitchens or whatever else room it is they want him to remodel.
I’m so happy to say that because we post our before and after photos on our FB business page, I have gained several personal clients that love my style and want me to help them design their homes too. I finished up (April 2023) my friend’s condo downtown. Started w/ a clean empty slate (brand new building) and she gave me free-rain to do whatever I wanted. She absolutely loves it. My first hugely paid project! Now she and her husband are doing major renovations on a cabin in the woods that butts up to a major state park on the south side of Indiana. Guess who she asked to design the entire thing?!?!? Me! We just finished up the primary bedroom (all things ordered yesterday), and now we are moving onto the lower level sitting area. One area at a time on this one (which is less overwhelming for the both of us).
Along with all that we are remodeling our current home which we bought 4 yrs ago. Everything needs gutted. Old English Tudor style and I’m trying to stay true to the style. It’s been fun! Glad to be a part of the Spoak community!!

Kelly

1 Like

Kelly! Welcome to our community! I’m so happy you found us :slight_smile: This was such a lovely introduction to read through. It sounds like you’re in a very exciting phase of your design career and that is ALWAYS worth celebrating, so bravo! Would love to see photos of some of your projects, especially that cabin one. Also my brother has a Belgian Malinois and they are such a fun breed!! I hadn’t heard of them before he got one.

Hi everyone, my name is Sana! I’ve been a part of the spoak community for over 3 years but took a hiatus due to my crippling imposter syndrome. My dream has always been to be an interior designer/decorator. All my educational background has been in public health and I love what I do, however after I got laid off I decided to try and pursue this passion of mine, FINALLY! Since I was a kid, when people asked me what I wanted to be, I said interior designer, but due to being a first generation eldest daughter, that didn’t seem too realistic for my parents. So here I am, at 30 making my attempt at exploring this passion and perhaps starting a career in interior design/decorating. Since I have no formal education in interior design, I’m calling myself an interior decorator/interior stylist. At the moment, I’m having fun creating vizis but really want to take some steps to get some clients but have no idea where to really start! (Any help with that would be amazing.) I’d call my style eclectic, love vintage modern touches, I’m not afraid of color, love luxury decor, and I can be a maximalist, although I do love a clean room. Would love to make friends in the NYC area, I’m based in Manhattan and would love to connect with fellow spoak sisters.

2 Likes

Hi Sana!

It’s so wonderful to come across someone with a journey similar to mine. I’m also in my 30s and have recently taken the leap to follow my passion. Like you, I’ve had my battles with imposter syndrome, but I took a step forward and received a certification in interior design. It’s given me such a confidence boost and filled in the gaps in my knowledge.

I’m based in central NJ, though I find myself in NYC quite often. It would be really great to connect with you sometime. Let me know what you think!

2 Likes

Marie! I’d love to meet up and exchange stories and learn more about your experience. Lets do it please!

Just here to say I love this community magic happening here @sanaginawi @mariebenjamin :heart: If you’re around on the 14th, we’re throwing a community event in Soho. I posted details here. It’s specifically geared towards networking. Would love to see you both there! x

1 Like

@danielaaraya that’s a great idea. Thanks! @sanaginawi let me know if you would like to go.

If you do decide to go, use promo code “S21XSPOAK15” to save 15% :slight_smile:

1 Like