Feedback for Living Room Design Board?

Hello! New to the chat, but hoping to get some feedback on this design board I created. :smile: The inspiration was Dua Lipa and creating a space where she could host her friends and family. This is very much outside my comfort zone, using patterns and colors, so I wanted to share it with my design friends here for feedback. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Alisha,

I love this room you designed so much! It’s so cheerful and feminine. I don’t have much feedback since it’s so well designed to begin with but I’ll try to mention a few very minor technical changes to make this room feel more realistic.

First, I would change the scale of the light switch. It’s almost 1/4 the size of the pillow. I find it helpful to compare items in a design to get a feel for scale.

I think you can move the chandelier a bit higher. I also find it helpful to imagine a person in the space I’m designing, and I think we need to consider height here- that chandelier would likely get some heads bumped on it.

The pink couch pillows could be turned at a bit of a more realistic angle. You can also use the perspective tool her and turn them in a bit. Also, it looks like in your layers, the left pillow might be in front of the flowers. I would just click on the flowers and select “move to front”, so the ordering is visually correct.

My only design feedback would be considering adding a few more green elements to tie in the green chair and green pillows. Maybe a green throw blanket on the blue couch, or some green lamps. I think green books on the coffee table might even do it!

Great work overall! Your design is near perfect in my opinion! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is sooooo helpful! thank you :slight_smile: i really appreciate your thoroughness in giving feedback on some of the technical things and even the note about adding more green. Seriously, it means a lot.

I’m an aspiring interior designer, so sometimes it can feel like I’m creating without anyone to bounce ideas off of, so this is great.

1 Like

Agree with everything Rebecca said, just came to add that I’ve ordered a few lamps from these guys for a client recently, they seem really well made and they have some super cute green options: Cordless table lamps | Pooky Lighting

1 Like

Hello, Alisha!

What a beautiful design! I can definitely see myself having a spa day with friends and enjoying some wine in that space. :blush:

The only thing I’d suggest is working a bit on the scale of the green armchairs—I’d probably scale them down a bit to show the full structure. Also, instead of having two vases on the coffee table, I’d move one to the side table. This way, the vase with flowers acts as the focal point on the coffee table, and the other one serves as a complement.

Other than that, as Becca said, this is perfect! :blush:

1 Like

these lamps are so fun! i love it!

appreciate your feedback!